WELLNESS means being in balance. Mind, body, spirit all working as one great human! Wellness is bringing nutrition, supplementation, lifestyle, and joy all to the party.
What is the perfect diet? I am not sure anyone knows for certain but I have learned a few things over my years practice. The basics of good nutrition are:
- Eat whole, clean food. Nothing processed or refined is good for us.
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and the over-consumption of sugar in general.
- Drink plenty of good, clean water.
- Eat your fruits and veggies (organic important for some but not all)
- Eat plenty of quality protein…grass fed animals, fish, clean eggs, etc.
- Eat good quality fats. Avocado, olive oil, butter, coconut oil, nuts…
I believe that supplements make up for our non-perfect soil, air, sun and environment. We can insure that our nutrient intake is as it should be and help prevent issues down the road. The following list is basic, not for disease specific conditions.
- Multivitamin–a one or two per day is fine
- B-complex/B12–one per day
- Omega 3–fish/flax/hemp/chia–2000mg per day minimum
- D3–2000iu or more depending on sun exposure
- Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc–depends on diet and issues
- Antioxidants–C, CoQ10, reseveratrol, etc…rotate choices
I personally take a multi, D3, and Omega 3 every day…sometimes Magnesium at bedtime and that is it!
Lifestyle and joy
Minimize STRESS…enough said. Smile, laugh, enjoy your life, be mindful, and relax.
Exercise or activity is important but it should not be too aggressive (stressful) and should be enjoyed. Lift heavy things, sprint, dance, stretch…just move your butt!